How to Start
- You will need a valid Daviess County Library card. First time users will
receive a packet of Internet Access information. After a contract is signed
and on file, you only need to check in at the circulation desk. All contracts
must be signed by both child and parent or guardian if you're under 18 years of age.
Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
while on the Internet.
- A one-time, one-hour visitor's pass will be extended to anyone without a valid
- There is a one-hour time limit on the use of the equipment if others are waiting.
Maximum usage is two hours per day unless permission is given by library staff.
No reservations are made. Users under 18 years who exceed the limits will
have their parents or guardians notified by the library director.
- You can use e-mail that is provided free on the Internet. You cannot
send or receive e-mail using the Library's e-mail programs. You may NOT enter chat
rooms. These are public-access computers and purchased for educational and research
- Review the screen upon beginning your session and report any problems immediately.
Reference materials, which will help you use the search tools or locate Internet
sites, are available for use during your session.
- You agree to take proper care of all hardware, software, documentation and all other
equipment that are the property of the Daviess County Library. You will not change
the software settings, Window setups, or move or delete icons, etc.
- You may not install or use your own software programs on the Internet Access computer.
Personal diskettes can be used on the computers but the library reserves
the right to scan these disks for viruses. You are welcome to download
information to a floppy diskette. Disks can be purchased at the circulation
desk for $1.00. Software downloaded from the Internet may contain a virus and
you need to have virus protection on your home computer. The Daviess County
Library is not responsible for damage to a patron's disk or computer, or for any loss
of data, damage or liability that may occur from a patron's use of the library's
- No personal files may be saved on the library's equipment.
- Information you print may be picked up at the circulation desk at a cost of 20 cents
per page. We recommend that you are aware of the number of pages (print
preview) before you hit the prink key. You are responsible for all pages
printed while you are using the computer.
- Failure to observe any part of the above agreement may result in a suspension of your
right to use the library's computers.
- In no event shall the Daviess County Library be liable for actual, incidental
or consequential damages arising from the use of any equipment or software.
- You agree to observe all copyright laws. You agree not to duplicate any
computer software or documentation provided by the Library that is not public domain.